Originally these cookies were to be made for Jean Pierre as he guessed what movie my quiche quote was from(Sixteeen Candles, only the best movie EVER made!). Jake Ryan you can come over when ever you want! 😉
But….I come to find out that the little stinker cheated by googling it!!! So runner up Steph wins instead. (Jean Pierre will have to suffer by smelling the cookies and not being able to touch them! muahahaha) Ok, ok, he can have ONE!
I decided to try out some classic Chocolate Chips Cookies that I stole the recipe from Tina at Carrots N Cake.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar(I used Splenda)
- 3 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp almond milk(you can use soy, hemp etc…I just had this in the fridge)
- 1/4 cup peach puree(just blend or process 1 small peach)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips(I used white and milk)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until all blended.
- Use tbs to portion cookies on a well greased baking sheet. 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 32 cookies.
*Make sure the baking sheet is really really greased! As the cookies are thin and break easily.
Steph will get a hefty serving of these bad boys, but I’m off to enjoy a few err…FOUR and I licked the bowl clean! Mmm. And you best believe that I will be watching Jean Pierre’s sneaky cookie monster hands!
What’s your favorite cookie to make? Mine are the Peanut Butter one’s my Aunt Gig makes. Growing up she used to let us do the fork imprint on top. I loved baking with her! (Hmm, I am staying with her this weekend, maybe she will treat me to some??? Hope you’re reading Gig’s, and you know I like the burnt ones! hehe)