Jean Pierre and I have been craving some chocolate chocolate cookies for like 2 weeks now, so we decided that tonight would be the night that we conquered our grumbling tummies!
Funny story, we actually were pretty stumped as to how you get chocolate cookies….cocoa powder duh! I swear I am not the daughter of a baker! Haha, it took us a while to figure out, but when I realized that unsweetened cocoa powder was the one ingredient I was missing to make these tastey treats, I immediately rushed over to Safeway and grabbed a box of the Hershey mix(did you know it’s got a “best life” approval for it?! I don’t know why that totally perplexed me).
Here’s what you need for Chewy Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 cup flour(I used whole wheat…shh, don’t tell Jean Pierre!)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, & salt with a whisk.
- Place sugar & butter in large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla & egg white.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mix.
- Use tablespoon to scoop out these bad boys. Place 2 inches apart on a well greased cooking sheet.
- I also added a large chocolate chip on the top of them for added chocolate-y-ness!
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then place them on a metal rack to cool some more.
- Then proceed to enjoy your cocoa goodness!
I think something went array during this process. Maybe it was the fact that I don’t own a mixer and did it by hand?? But these cookies were not all that great. In fact, I had to wash one down with half of an oatmeal raisin cookie, half of a pb cookie, AND half of a chocolate chip cookie from this box… Eeks.
Ok, I am determined to organize my closet tonight. I’m usually pretty good about it, I love color coordinated, & categorized closets(tops, skirts, dresses etc). But I’ve gotten pretty lackadaisical about it(totally my new favorite word!). I will post pictures later of the finished product along with some of my organizing tips 😉
How do you keep your closet? Is it organized, messy, or a little bit of both?